Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday



Today, March 17, 2008, would have been this guy's 92nd birthday, if he were still alive. He's holding his second born on the day of his Christening. That's Warren Ave in Boston's South End in the background.

The Coca Cola sign to his left is painted on the side of Izzy's Pharmacy. Izzy's also had a lunch counter (soda fountain) where the wholesale florists, their employees, and quite a few of the neighborhood residents would go for coffee, breakfast, and lunch. [Click To Enlarge]

3 comments:

Small City Scenes said...

I remember you mentioned that your dad would be 92---wow.
these vintage photos are neat. Where did you get them if you don't know who they are. It is kinda sad to see them at thrift and/or antique stores. MB

BeanTownBoy said...

MB, thanks! Some of these photos I got from my mother, but she didn't tell me who the subjects were. I have since asked and have an idea about some of them. Others, like the couple celebrating their 50th, I got from a woman in St cloud - she didn't know who they were and came to own the photos because of her business - scrapbooking.

Small City Scenes said...

I suppose 500 years from now someone will be wondering what the heck my photos are. I think it is kinda sad but I realize we should enjoy now because when we are gone we won't care. MB